This free course, Project governance and Project Management Office (PMO), introduces you to the important Project Management topic of project governance and how a Project Management Office can support governance. Project governance may be highly formalised, within the organisational governance, for large projects, or programmes or portfolios of projects. In smaller organisations, perhaps with less complex projects, some of the governance and support for the project may be undertaken by the project manager themselves. Whatever the context, the roles and responsibilities for project governance need to be clear and appropriate for the project and the organisation.
This course includes the following units:
- Understand the principles of effective governance of projects
- Be aware of the roles and responsibilities of those involved in project governance such as project board, project sponsor, project manager and Project Management Office
- Recognise the different types of Project Management Office and the services they provide
- Identify good governance or make recommendations to improve governance by using project experience
- Understand the importance of good communication between all stakeholders in project governance.