Introduction to Banking
This Introductory course covers the fundamental knowledge about the banking industry. We will discuss the various types of financial institutions and how they differ in the types or products and services provided to their own customer groups. We can look at a bank’s balance sheet and income statement and understand how a bank generates return. Finally, we will explore the common career paths in different areas of banking.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the different types/structures of financial services firms
- Determine the different types of banking services that are provided
- Understand who the customers are for each type of service
- Learn how a bank makes money
- Differentiate the various banking career paths